Thursday, September 8, 2016

About Me

Hello world!!  This is my first time blogging and although I've been wanting to do this for some time now, I have no idea where to start.

First of all, My (birth given) name is Michael...  However, I've gone by Laura most of my life.   Long story short, my father passed away a month before I was born...  I was destined to be named after my father.

A little bit about me:

Well, i'm a single mother of two boys, with two separate dads.  My oldest is Tyler, he's just turned 13.  My youngest is Justin, he's just turned 10.
Tyler was diagnosed with autism at 16 months of age.  Justin is my neuro-typical kid and is my little rocket scientist.

I, on the other hand, just turned 40.  I wish i had a better feeling about turning 40, but I don't.  I feel that, at 40, I should have much more established than I do.  I shouldn't be where i'm at now.  Do you ever have that feeling that if you had just taken that right at the fork in the road, instead of making that left, you'd be exactly where you were "supposed" to be?  Life's full of freedoms, the worst one of them all:  Freedom of choice.  Boy have I made some fucked up choices in my life, up to and including having children out of wedlock.  Don't get me wrong, the best choice I have made has been my children.  I love them dearly.  However, I can't help but to think that if I had done it differently, life would be much easier, although most marriages with those who have children on the spectrum usually don't last.

I'm starting this blog to share my journey.  To be as candid as I can without hiding anything.  I just want to be able to get out my life's struggles, get advice from whoever is reading this, and hopefully learn something along the way.  I'm totally open to constructive criticism and have a thick skin.  However, please do not say anything harsh or negative regarding my children.

My next blog will be a bit more in depth; it will go into three areas of my life:  My past, What i want for my future, and where i'm at in the present.  Feel free to comment what you would like to know about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment